Monday, August 23, 2010

Knowledge is Power...?

Ohh, community college, how you've failed me!

Being taught politics by a politician was never a good idea. It doesn't take a genius to mine that gem.

I wonder, if I strolled in in a nice suit, would you also hire me to teach a class I'm clearly under-qualified for? Would you place me in control of influencing the minds of slews of youth, allowing me to disperse my delusional bullshit under the age-old guise of being unbiased?

I'm willing to bet my tax dollars you will.














Like a mouse being lured to it's metaphorical death, misinforming our youth is in itself is a true tragedy. The byproducts of this sneaky but effective programming are cliche' and too numerous to count. Read any history book (one that depicts an accurate account of our pasts) and one can clearly see that history does in fact repeat itself- if we let it. These high-held ideals of what our supreme institution is (when in reality, can only be in theory) are planted in our heads, sprouting into unshakable weeds that even the most blatent and evident facts can no longer uproot. People will believe what they are taught to. Likewise, they will go the extra mile to warp and twist or downright ignore what they are taught to -in order to keep a particular untainted image in mind.








Now I know we're all only human. Nobody expects anybody to be perfect. And by no miraculous stretch do we expect politicians to be perfect. But lying to paint a euphemistic picture of an ugly sight is tacky, plain and simple!



Bottom line? We must educate ourselves. We can not rely on those elected officials we trust in to give us the whole undiluted truth; we must go out and get it for ourselves!


After all, Knowledge is Power!







((Pictures borrowed from: http://cathiefromcanada.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html, and http://www.lookinguntojesus.net/images/20091115.jpg ))

No comments:

Post a Comment